Level 2 Gym Instructor Mock Exam Revision
Principles of Exercise Fitness and Health
The following Level 2 Gym Instructor revision is provided by Parallel Coaching as a FREE resource for anyone working towards a Level 2 Fitness Instructor Qualification, including:
– Level 2 Fitness / Gym Instructor, – Level 2 Exercise to Music, – Level 2 Exercise for Children,
The exam is the only assessment within Unit 4, you will need to pass this in order to achieve the above qualification, and 70% is required to pass. Subject areas within this unit and exam include:
– Understand the effects of exercise on the body
– Understand the components of fitness
– Understand how to apply the principles and variables of fitness to an exercise programme
– Understand the exercise contraindications and key safety guidelines for special populations
– Understand how to safely monitor exercise intensity
– Understand the health benefits of physical activity
– Understand the importance of healthy eating
The questions contained within this blog provide a realistic flavour of the type of content you need to know for your exam, however, most exams will be multiple choice only. You can download 50 very realistic multiple choice mock questions HERE.
Feel free to use this resource and contact Parallel Coaching Student Support, whether you are a student of Parallel Coaching or not. Enjoy and good luck!
This Resource will test your understanding of the effects of exercise on the body and the components of fitness, which are the first two modules of the 7 modules that make up your Level 2 Principles of Exercise Fitness and Health Exam.
Level 2 Gym Instructor Mock Exam Revision – Principles of Exercise Fitness and Health
Aim to do this under exam conditions. i.e. with no assistance from your book/notes. This will highlight the areas which you need to work on. If you can answer these questions, the likelihood is – you’ll breeze through your exam – check your answers at the bottom of the page – GOOD LUCK!
1. What is Blood Pooling?
3. DOMS stands for D__________ O_____________ M____________ S_____________, and typically lasts __________ hours
|Weight-bearing exercise is essential to reduce the risk of:|
|C||Type 1 diabetes|
5. What are the 5 components of health related fitness:
6. What are the 6 components of skill-related fitness:
E_______________ or B ____________
7. Which of these Somatotypes is an Ectomorph?
↓↓↓ See your answers below ↓↓↓
Well that’s the end of these questions, don’t forget to check your answers below and then download 50 more to practice on HERE
Dedicated to Your Learning
↓↓↓ See your answers below ↓↓↓
- Blood pooling is caused by a sudden drop in blood pressure, it is characterised by the client feeling light-headed and dizzy. Due to low blood pressure the blood struggles to get back up to the brain (poor venous return) and literally “pools” in the feet. this can be caused by stopping suddenly after a period of moderate – heavy exercise, or just standing still for a long period of time. A gradual cool down will prevent blood pooling.
- DOMS stands for Delayed Onset muscle Soreness , and typically lasts 12- 72 hours
- A – Osteoporosis
- The 5 components of health related fitness are: Cardiovascular, Muscular strength, Muscular Endurance, Flexibility , Body composition
- The 6 components of skill related fitness are: Speed, Power, Agility, Coordination, Equilibrium/ Balance, and Reaction Time (use the acronym SPACER to help you remember)
- C – Ectomorphs are naturally thin with little body fat or muscle mass.
If you have found this Level 2 Principles Quiz Mock paper useful please tweet and share with your friends, so they can benefit too.
Don’t forget to download your 50 Free Mock Questions to help you prepare: