This blog includes SEVEN Level 2 Gym Instructor Mock Exam Questions with answers and explanations, so you can be prepared for your upcoming Principles of Exercise exam.
- How many questions you will have in your exam
- How to use the below principles of exercise mock questions
- 7 x Level 2 Gym Instructor Mock Exam Questions and answers
- How to learn with simplicity using our Level 2 Revision Bootcamp
How many questions will be in my Level 3 Principles exam?
The number of questions varies per awarding body and training provider. However, usually, there are approximately 32 questions and 90 minutes to answer these.
Some awarding bodies now integrate the principles exam into the Level 2 Anatomy, so if you only have one exam to do at level 2, this will include the Level 2 Principles exam and is called:
Principles of Anatomy, Physiology, and Fitness.
They are all Multiple Choice questions, like those provided below
The topics covered in the Principles of Exercise section (or exam) are:
- Health and Wellbeing
- Components of Fitness
- Principles of Training
- The FITT Principle
- Training Special Populations
How to use these mock questions:
First Read the relevant section in your manual or use our Revision Bootcamp, and then work through the following 7 mock questions.
Do this under exam conditions. i.e. with no assistance from your book.
This will highlight your strengths, weaknesses and trends within the Level 2 Principles of Exercise exam (or section from your integrated level 2 exam).
We have created these questions by looking at past and live questions from all major awarding bodies including YMCA, Active IQ and VTCT. This means the exam questions are similar to those you can expect on exam day.
Check your answers at the bottom of the page and then look for any trends:
- What questions did you get wrong?
- Was this because of a lack of knowledge or complex question wording?
- What questions did you get correct?
- Was this because you understood the knowledge or it was easy question-wording?
- If you need more help with your knowledge and exam strategy check out our Level 2 Anatomy and Physiology Revision Bootcamp – including everything for your Level 2 Principles exam HERE
Here’s what Carly said about our Revision Bootcamp:
All videos are easy to watch and follow, great tips for remembering things. I couldn’t have passed my exams without this help . Highly recommend xxCarly
Level 2 Gym Instructor Mock Exam Revision – Principles of Exercise Fitness and Health
1. What is Blood Pooling?
A. Improved venous return to the brain
B. Poor venous return to the brain
C. Too much blood in the body
D. A long-term adaptation to regular exercise
2. Which of the following is a long-term adaptation to regular aerobic exercise?
A. Decreased Stroke Volume
B. Systolic Blood Pressure Increases
C. Increased Cardiac Output
D. Reduced Capillarisation in the Muscle
3. DOMS stands for D__________ O_____________ M____________ S_____________, and typically lasts __________ hours
4. Weight-bearing exercise is essential to reduce the risk of:
C. Type 1 Diabetes
5. What are the 5 components of health-related fitness:
6. What are the 6 components of skill-related fitness:
E_______________ or B ____________
7. Which of these Somatotypes is an Ectomorph?
↓↓↓ See your answers below ↓↓↓
Now you have completed all 7 Level 2 Gym Instructor Mock Exam questions, check your answers below,
If you want more mock questions like this, then you can download more Free Mock Questions: DOWNLOAD NOW
Answers: Level 3 Exam Mock Questions – Nutrition
1 = B,
2 = C,
3 = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness typically lasts 24-72 hours,
4 = A,
5 = The 5 components of health-related fitness are: Cardiovascular, Muscular Strength, Muscular Endurance, Flexibility, Body composition
6 = The 6 components of skill-related fitness are Speed, Power, Agility, Coordination, Equilibrium/ Balance, and Reaction Time (use the acronym SPACER to help you remember),
How did you do?
Need More Help with your Anatomy Exam Revision?
Discover How 6500+ Fitpros In Training Are Walking Into Their Exam With Confidence And Guaranteeing A Pass
Are you tired of staring at your manual and not knowing where to start?
Our revision Bootcamp breaks everything down into a clear and easy-to-follow structure.
You can download the videos to MP3 and MP4 to slice your revision time in half and finally understand the key principles of exercise.
This is not another course with more exams – it HELPS pass the course you’re already enrolled on!
“EVERYTHING You Need To Learn, Revise And Pass Your Level 2 Gym Instructor Exam”
If you want to get your revision structured, learn everything you need to know and feel confident on exam day, then click the link below:
Dedicated to More
Hayley “Level 2 Gym Instructor Mock Exam” Bergman