Understanding the anatomical heart can be complex and you need to know a fair amount about it as part of our Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology Exam.
The heart and circulatory system makes up 1 of the 8 modules that you need to know in order to pass your exam with confidence.
Let’s face it the heart is pretty complicated at the best of times. In this blog I’m going to make it simple with a video that you can follow along with.
We usually teach the heart as a simple box shape… and it helps add a lot of clarity.
If you haven’t seen us explain the heart and circulatory system… check out the full-length video link at the end of this blog in the P.S. (psst. this is taken from our revision mastery bootcamp)
what if you get given an anatomical heart drawing on your exam?
or you want to cross-reference your learning to your course manual
This 3-minute video is a tour of major landmarks around the anatomical heart… but in simple, easy to understand the terminology.
Understanding the anatomical heart
Test your understanding of the anatomical heart:
Watch the video and then try it for yourself on this image, it looks different to the one above but can you locate all 4 landmarks:
1. The Septum
2. The Left Ventricle
3. The Semi Lunar Valves x2
4. The Atrio-ventricular valves x2
Check your answer at the bottom of this blog
Key Facts about the anatomical heart
- The heart and circulatory system is module 1 of the Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology fitness exam.
- In level 3 A&P you must know the key features of the heart as well as the circulation of blood.
- The hearts main function is to pump oxygenated blood around the body (including muscles) and to pump deoxygenated blood back to the lungs.
- There are two types of heart valves, the atrioventricular valves and semi-lunar valves.
- The left of the heart is on your right as you look at the image.
Comment below if you have questions, and don’t forget to share with your friends that are also studying the heart.
If you want more mock questions like this, then you can download more Free Mock Questions: DOWNLOAD NOW
Need More Help with your Level 3 Anatomy Revision?
For Trainee FITPROS Taking Their L3 Anatomy & Physiology Exam.
Learn, Revise & Pass Your Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology Exam In Under 10-hours
(Without Having To Spend Hours Revising Or Feeling Overwhelmed)
If you want to get your revision structured, learn everything you need to know, and feel confident on exam day, then click the link below:
Dedicated to More
Hayley “Understanding the anatomical heart” Bergman
P.S. You can also find us on the following platforms: