5 steps to overcoming a complicated anatomy exam question.
Do you freak out when you see a complicated anatomy exam question?
You sit down and open the exam paper, heart pounding, palms sweating… and then you see the first question…
The internal chatter goes…
“WTF! Was that even in English? I don’t even know what they are asking… I don’t know it!”
You look to your left and right everyone else is happily zipping through the questions putting down answers.
It feels like an eternity has passed and yet you are no closer to a decision about the answer.
What do you do… give up/ guess / panic?
This video and blog will give you a strategy so you don’t panic on exam day, so you can find clarity amongst the confusion.
We use a 5 step strategy, The KINGS formula, which I explain in the video below.
Keywords – note them down
I – what do I know about these keywords?
Necessity – What do I need to know? What are they asking for?
Guess – Guess your answer based on what you know and what they need
Suggested answers – Chose your answer from the multiple choice suggestions
Here are the 5 steps to overcoming a complicated anatomy exam question
Follow the KINGS acronym to calm yourself down and access the relevant file in your brain.
15 minute actionable task:
- Look at this complicated mock anatomy exam question … it’s pretty challenging, so use the KINGS formula.
- K – Write down the Keywords from the question. These would be: Hamstring, Eccentric, Joint Action
- I – What do you know about each of these keywords. You know that the Hamstring is on the back of the leg and crosses the knee and hip. You know that an eccentric contraction is the Elongating or lengthening phase. You know that when you use the leg curl machine you are flexing the knee, and this is the concentric phase.
- N – What do you need to know here? What does it want from you? You I need to know what joint action happens when the hamstring contracts, and i need to know the difference between concentric and eccentric.
- G – Guess. now we are making progress – have you already guessed the answer? use your current knowledge and what is needed to construct a guessed answer to this complicated anatomy exam question.
- S – Suggested answer – Now look at the suggested multiple choice answers, and chose your answer. Pop your answers in the comments box below!
Do the actionable task above, comment in the comments box below with your answer.
Now, use the KINGS acronym on a couple more mock questions.
If you are looking for Level 3 Anatomy Exam Questions; you can download 101 HERE <<
If you are looking for Level 2 Anatomy Exam Questions; you can download 88 HERE <<
Looking forward to seeing your comments below
Dedicated to your learning